Monday, November 29, 2010

Blind Barber

My corporate-minded employer does not allow facial hair, so during my vacation in Brazil I did not shave. The resulting beard looked pretty good - however, the coverage on the cheeks was not optimal.

Of course, my two weeks of freedom abruptly ended this morning. As I was fully bearded, I was worried about significant razor burn from my Gillette blade. So I decided to end my vacation with a proper straight blade shave. I went to the Blind Barber in the East Village. It has the look of a traditional barber shop, but there's a bonus: you receive a complimentary beverage with every service from an attached bar. Their cocktail menu is extensive/creative and they have some good beers on tap. Their grooming products are great and the hot towel treatments were a delight. I was very pleased with my experience at Blind Barber and give it my strong endorsement.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't Yelp, BC. You went away for two weeks. The Mets hire a guy who quit his last two jobs and who Buster Olney called too high strung for New York, the Giants are teetering on another late season collapse, and you write about your shave?

    ReplyDelete