Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Praise Jebus!

We are saved. Joe Morgan and Jon Miller gone from Sunday Night Baseball? Christmas in November!!! I can't honestly understand how they lasted as long as they did, but in honor of this historic day here are some of my favorite Joe Morgan, aka "The Sweet Pea", moments. Only one of these is not real, see if you can guess:

"I've always said that the purpose of the minor league system is to help the big league club."

"It's better to have a fast runner on base than a slow one."

"A lot of star players get booed in opposing stadiums."

"A plate of spaghetti back then was $1.50, and it was very good food, that's why it lasted."

"Milledge may not take off, but with two strikes, he may take off."

"You must feel great about that. Like I did, when I went into the hall of fame."

And, of course: Joe on walks

No comments:

Post a Comment