Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flyer's Forum


And so it goes. I'm such a prescient author I hardly even need to write new posts at this point. 3 goal blackhawk win? Check. Leighton looking like a waiver wire pickup? Check. Pronger looking like he can't remember where he put his false teeth? Checkmate. Kids, it really is this simple sometimes. In game four, the Blackhawks put forth the type of effort they should provide every night. I mean this is the Stanley Cup Finals guys, what were you waiting for? And the Flyers had no answer. None. I mean it was as lopsided a 3 goal win as you will ever see. They scored whenever they wanted to. If the hawks play that way tonight the series is over and Chicago can go ahead with that parade they've planned for Friday.
But here's the thing. I don't think they will. Not even close. Actually I think Chitown scores first, then loses focus. And these Flyers don't quit. Tonight they storm back to win 4-3 (I'll be in the hospital with heart palpitations) and send this series to a game 7, where anything goes. Book it.

No comments:

Post a Comment