Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rudy

So for reasons unknown, Noyac Golf Club (the club in Sag Harbor where I learned how to hit the ball like Nicklaus, Palmer, and Woods) named Rudy Giuliani as an honorary member. I am guessing he received that prestigious honor for being Mayor of NYC during the September 11th attacks. He certainly didn't get the membership for being a good husband (he is on marriage #3) or a good father (Rudy is estranged from both his son and daughter. His daughter uses her mother's surname instead of Giuliani. She even made public her support of Obama while Rudy was campaigning for president).

I saw Rudy on Saturday and Monday after he finished up 18 holes. I was walking into the club bar for a post-round beer when Rudy asked "Did you survive out there?" I wanted to reply "How come you aren't wearing your NY PD/FD hat like you always do in your first row seats at Yankee games?" What a jack-ass. Also, I'd say he's gained about 50 pounds (5-10 in the face) since his campaign days.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I played Deepdale a few years ago, and he was there with number 3. My host said he couldn't get in, but I guess it doesn't stop him from mooching at will. Does he have to pay to use Noyak?

    More importantly, how did R. Weller play?

    ReplyDelete